Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Danielle, part 2

To further complicate Danielle and her problems, she has a major crush on Joy. I wouldn't be surprised if she broke up with her girlfriend today and proposed to Joy. Joy is 38 or so, Danielle is 21. To most people this would be a large obstacle, but Danielle is used to such relationships. Her girlfriend is 31, and 38 isn't that big of a step up is it? Only 7 years. May I barf please?

These reasons alone would not be enough to explain why I dislike Danielle. Danielle has overstepped her boundaries, and will pay for her transgressions soon enough. Hopefully.

Last time I worked with her, last Sunday to be exact, was when she really over taxed herself with the cantaloupe and Taco dip. I didn't say anything because I am used to it. I just try to ignore her. Anyway, at one point Danielle turned on both sinks and went to text in the cupboard before leaving the room. I am used to her wandering out randomly, so I thought nothing of it. Neither did Gabby or Kayla, two of the other people I was working with. We left the room as well to do some actual work, consisting of checking up on the salad bar and whatnot. Jared, a produce guy, came out to tell us that Danielle had walked in the room, and discovered something absolutely flabbergasting. Her running water had overflowed! How tragic!

Danielle of course did the only wise thing, and said "F***ing High Schoolers!" This statement would come to my mind had I made a mess too, anything to blame it on somebody else. She proceded to have a minor mental breakdown and go into psycho mode. After cleaning up her mess she went out and made a massive list of things to make that, in all honesty, did not need to be made at all. It included, but was not limited to, 28 more salads, 2 fruit pizzas, 6 fruit pizza slices, and over 10 fruit and vegetable trays. This list of course took her a half hour to compile. With list in hand, she charged back into the prep room to show us high schoolers who was boss. As if we had overflowed the sink in the first place. The sad part is, Danielle does not even have the right to tell anyone what to do. She came crawling back to Hy-Vee after quitting a few years past. She plans on becoming a Hy-Vee lifer. She's really, really cool.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: