Tuesday, February 3, 2009

IDK my BFF Danielle

Lucky for me, I was involved in these escapades. In fact, I was the one suffering under them. I have a story about this person named Danielle, whom I work with. I don't like Danielle. In fact, only one person I work with does. That person is Joy. See, I used to like Joy, but then Danielle came along. They became friends seeing as they were the only two people working full time in the salad bar, and that was totally cool. They could be friends if they wanted to be, I don't care.

One thing about Joy is her peculiar way of talking when she is making a random comment and/or telling a story. If she is mad, she has a very vicious way of saying something. Lots and lots of emotion are included. Even if she isn't mad, but doesn't feel like making salads, the way she says "salads" has a lot of emotion. Maybe even a bit of grunty-ness. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I know other people that do the same thing. Anyway, the thing is, that Danielle has begun to talk like Joy. Its creepy. She also follows Joy around to do everything. She goes on break with her, takes stuff that they made (together) out with her, even goes to smoke with her. Oddly enough Danielle doesn't smoke. But hey, whatever. I must admit, though, that when she repeats everything she says in exactly the same way, its weird. Really, really weird. And annoying as well.

The most bothersome thing about Danielle is the fact that she doesn't do anything. Ever. In an eight hour shift she managed to package up some cantaloupe. Pre-cut cantaloupe. Hard work for sure. She also contrived to mix up a batch of Taco Haystack dip. This takes a normal person about, oh, half an hour max, generally about ten minutes. These two activities took up Danielle's whole shift. Boy, she must have been tired after that, because she took an hour break (she should have only taken a 30 minute break), went "smoking" with Joy, and then came back and talked to her girlfriend on the work phone for 10 or 20 minutes. Oh yeah, she has a girlfriend. Cute. It's not that I'm anti-lesbian, just anti-Danielle.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: