Sunday, March 15, 2009

Well. This is fun.

If you don't care about my life or me being sick don't read this. But I feel like complaining.

So on Thursday night I got a sore throat and thought nothing of it. It was still there Friday morning, but again I thought little of it because I tend to sleep on my back and breath through my mouth so with the furnace running my throat sometimes gets dried out. Unfortunately it stayed bad all day long. Got worse, even. Then I woke up today at like 6:30. On my own. I was planning on sleeping in until nine. Why was I up and such a terrible time on a Saturday? My neck hurt. Not only did my neck hurt, but my back, head, arms, legs, and everything else as well. I stood up to get a drink and almost fell right back down. My head did not appreciate the massive altitude change brought about so suddenly (you see, I am really tall. Really. Tall. Sometimes I get altitude sickness because of it). It was lame. I also felt like I was on fire. That may have been in part because I left my electric blanket on all night long, but that is a pretty common occurence and I don't usually burn to death because of it. Sad part is, I almost did burn to death last night.

I wandered downstairs and the lovely time of 6:50 and told my mom that what she had thought (that I would wake up with a bad cold) was completely wrong. I had the flu. Last year I missed four days of school because of it. I have three tests on Monday and really cannot afford to miss school. Or miss studying tomorrow. I took my temperature and discovered that I had a fever. Greaaaaat. I just got done learning how fevers are actually good things because they increase the effectiveness of the phagocytic cells in your body as well as the speed of the metabolic processes. That makes me wonder why Tylenol is a good thing when it reduces your fever as advertised. I know it reduced mine. Isn't that kind of making me sicker? Seems like it.

So yeah then I called into work and was like hey. I'm sick, not coming in. Kthxbai. And my manager was like ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wha??? Oh I was looking at the wrong week. Nevermind! I was like okay miss manager way to be confused. I probably sounded like a drug addict though. My voice was real hoarse like. And this post is disturbingly boring. What is wrong with me? I am going to blame it on the influenza virus that is taking over some of the cells in my body and turning them into virus factories. I don't really like that thought. Viral DNA is being created and packaged and everything so it can go ruin somebody else's week. Sad. Hope they wash their hands!

1 comment:

Roxanne Betta said...

So many tests! You must get better!