Monday, March 30, 2009

This Post Bears No Name.

I spent the last week, my spring break, in Arizona. It was hot. Not only was it hot because Arizona is a desert and recieves (I heard, anyway) twelve inches of rain a year. Honestly. Thats not much water people. That like. Doesn't even count. My own tears (not from crying you moron, from keeping my eyes wet) add up to more than that. Ridiculous. Anyway. Arizona is hot. Even though it was the Arizona winter the coldest day we ever had was like 75 degrees. It does get cold at night, mind you, because deserts tend to do that. Maybe down into the 40s or so? Who knows, and better yet, who cares? I care.

My grandma gets cold a lot. I know, I mean, 70 degrees is downright freaking cold. We think she has a thyroid problem maybe but that really isn't the point. The point is that, while in Arizona mind you, we had the furnace running. Back at home we keep the house at 59 degrees to save money, in Arizona we kept the house at 83. Let me repeat. Eight. Three. Degrees. That is wayyyy to hot to have a house, especially when you can't even stick your head out of the window to cool off because its nearly as hot out there. What are you supposed to do? Like anyone would I made the logical decision to go swimming. That was my most common activity and all the elderly old people most likely thought I was crazy swimming for like 5 hours a day, but what is a lad supposed to do? Burn to death? I prefer swimming, personally.

While at the pool with my dear sister, whom we all lovingly refer to as Muj Puj (pronounced Mudge Pudge), I began to get cold. I had been floating around on a noodle (<-- and yes, that is me in the picture. Cute aren't I?) trying to stay warm by sitting in the jet of water that shoots out of the heater. It didn't work. I was cold anyway. So I decided to go to the hot tub and right as I was lethargically paddling over three lovely people walked into the pool area. Someone whom I took to be thirty and her to teenage ish children. They got in my hottub. I was incensed. I don't enjoy awkwardly sitting in a hottub with some random people because right when you get in there is this silence and you are forced to stare at something stupid like a floor tile or a fingernail to avoid speaking with them. Me and Muj decided that we would brave the newcomers and get in the hottub because this was (we thought) our last night, and we really didn't want to leave the pool and walk all the way home freezing just because of these three people. So we got in.

There was, surprisingly enough, this awkward silence. I never even saw it coming. To avoid looking at these people, whom I could now see were actually of similar ages and all in high school/ middle school, I stared at my thumb's intriguing nail. I busied myself in all of the lines of my nail while the people slowly resumed talking. There discussion was actually more interesting than my finger. I was shocked. One of the boys was talking about how he was proud to have received...

CLIFFHANGER ENDING

What could come next? Who knows? I suppose that you will just have to read the next post!

No comments: