Sunday, October 19, 2008

All Around Me Song Review


All Around Me by Flyleaf Review

"All Around Me"

My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you
I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you

This fire rising through my being
Burning I'm not used to seeing you
I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

My hands float up above me
And you whisper you love me
And I begin to fade
Into our secret place

The music makes me sway
The angels singing say we are alone with you
I am alone and they are too with you
I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

As I cry
The light is white
And I see you
I'm alive,
I'm alive,
I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

Take my hand
I give it to you
Now you own me
All I am
You said you would never leave me
I believe you
I believe

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healed

This song is pretty addictive as well, but it definitely isn't one that you go around humming. Its fun to listen to while doing something like homework, but it doesn't really get stuck in your head. The main thing going for it is the combination of the singer's voice and the instrumental stuff, it repeats frequently throughout the song (as you can tell from the lyrics) and it makes it good background music. It is also easy to hum along to after just a listen or two, unlike some songs (ex: Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap) which take several listens and maybe a quick search for the lyrics on the web.

This song is most likely talking about a girl and her boyfriend. It seems to me like it might be a love song with a little bit of exaggeration, talking about a secret place and whatnot. It reminds me of Pocketful of Sunshine when Natasha Bedingfield is talking about her secret place with rivers that nobody knows about etc etc. It is one of the few songs by a band that seems to get close to the edge of hardcore rock that I actually like. It is one of the few songs that Flyleaf has that I like listening to, some of them get a little to "rocky" and a little too screamy. Like a death metal band that took some chill pills. Yeah. I said chill pills. So there.
I hope to listen to and review more songs from flyleaf in the future, the only obstacle is actually buying the cd or songs. I've only heard All Around Me on the radio, none of their other songs, so I can only say what I said in the paragraph above (you know, the part involving some of those mythical chill pills).
Okay so here is the music video for it, and I'll have you know you almost didn't get to watch this from the blog. For some reason embedding this official music video was disabled, but lucky for you, I am dedicated and I found one that could be embedded.




Okay I realize that this music video is a little odd, the lead singer (Lacey Mosley) has her eyes closed a little too much and looks a bit emo in my opinion. And what's up with how she looks like she has some super bad migraine or something? Maybe she is allergic to light! That would explain the pale skin too!
She seems much different in real videos, not like this fake overdone music video. The whole paint splattering or running down the walls seems a little bit crazy too. That red paint looks way too much like blood for my liking. Very disturbing.

No comments: