Monday, November 10, 2008

Carrots

Carrots are orange. I just thought I would let you all know that, and to let you all know that I know that, before I continue. The unintelligence of some people really should not be underestimated, so I wanted to have us all start out on the same page before continuing.

So, what have we established so far? That carrots are orange? Yes, thank you Cabrito for this wonderful insight. That is the kind of telepathy I’m getting back. Calm down, calm down, I’m not insulting your intelligence, merely stating the obvious so that I can continue and confuse you. Yeah, prepare for confusion over carrots. Actually, it isn’t that confusing so I’ll just stop rambling and get on with today’s lesson.

At my aunt’s house this past weekend we had a family get together. And, as all of you with families that you would want to get together with, families have food when they meet up. I love food, it will probably end up being the topic of several posts up-and-coming. I seriously love it. With a fiery passion. The point is that I’m off topic again. So my aunt decided to have a soup fest. She made three kinds of soup: spicy taco, chicken noodle (completely homemade by the way, broth, noodles, and everything. I feel the jealousy), and beer cheese. They were all good, even though by the time I was on my third bowl, and ready to try the taco soup, it was almost gone. The one minor hitch was that the beer cheese soup was not its normal color. I’m assuming the normal color is yellow, but it was more of a purple-brown sort of thing. Not the most appetizing of colors when you think of cheddar cheese. Personally, and you can call me crazy, when I think of cheese I think of yellow or orange.

This is where my delightfully rambling introduction comes in. The carrots my aunt had used were organic and… purple. Yeah. I said it. The carrots were purple. Oh man, just stopped you from feeling like you ruled the world didn’t I? Burst your bubble a bit huh? I’m sure you will get over it. You were sitting in your comfy little chair feeling all smart and well educated about common garden vegetables, and then I drop the purple carrot bomb. Now that I think of it a purple carrot bomb would create quite the mess wherever it was dropped…. I’ll have to ponder that one for another time. But for now, I will leave you with that sad, brought down feeling of knowing that you were wrong. And that once again you were bested by the unnamed mini goat (that’s what cabrito means smart one)that’s still in senior high.

Note: if you cannot seem to remember the last time I told you that you had been bested, refer to the post about marching band. It will probably bring back suppressed memories of sandy beaches.

1 comment:

Roxanne Betta said...

Purple carrots? It's true!
http://www.thegardeningguru.com/Carrot_PurpleHaze.jpg